The Portuguese CSIRT's Network (RNCSIRT) was created in January 2008 and is a forum of excellence for sharing operational information.
Currently, the RNCSIRT contains over forty entities from various sectors of society, meeting on a quarterly basis.
- Establish bonds of trust between elements responsible for IT security in order to create an environment of cooperation and mutual assistance in handling incidents and sharing good security practices;
- Create indicators and national statistical information on security incidents with a view to better identifying proactive and reactive counter-measures;
- Create the necessary tools for prevention and rapid response in a large scale incident scenario;
- Promote a security culture in Portugal.
Services available to Members:
- Directory service
- Security incidents coordination
- Technical forum
- Security workshops
- Security alerts
- Statistical information and indicators
More information on the Portuguese CSIRT's Network can be found at: www.redecsirt.pt