The Cybersecurity Competence Centres Network - C-Network is a project funded by the Recovery and Resilience Plan (PRR), driven by the National Cybersecurity Centre (CNCS), which aims to support approximately 2000 entities in the coming years (until March 2026).
Thus, with these centres, a complementary network of spaces will be created to assist the Public Administration, the entities covered by the Legal Framework for Cyberspace Security (RJSC), small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and other entities in the scope of cybersecurity.
The C-Network will be made up of 7 competence centres distributed throughout the country (one for each NUTII region - Autonomous Region of Madeira, Autonomous Region of the Azores, Algarve, Alentejo, Metropolitan Area of Lisbon, Centre and North), integrating specialists with diverse competences to support local organisations. The activities to be provided are aligned with the goal of increasing organisational maturity and cyber-resilience in cybersecurity, following the CNCS guidelines.
It aims to be a networked initiative, innovative and transforming the cybersecurity service delivery model, supported by a proximity model and anchored on the principles of subsidiarity, complementarity and proportionality.
The C-Network will act in close partnership with local agents acting in each region, such as:
- Intermunicipal Communities (CIMs)
- Universities, Polytechnics and Research Units;
- Business centres.
Any additional information may be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org
The 7 competence centres, in the regions where they are located, should develop the following activities:At the level of operation and incident response:
At the level of human capacity building:
- Under coordination with CERT.PT, provide second-line support in the response to cybersecurity incidents;
- Under coordination with CERT.PT, support organisations in the processes of forensic analysis and collection of evidence in the event of cybersecurity incidents.
At the level of organisational capacity building:
- Provide guidance and support in the design of training paths aligned with the Cybersecurity Skills Benchmark;
- Aligned with the C-Academy, guide and support organisations in the training of their human resources;
- Aligned with the C-Academy, carry out awareness-raising activities aimed at decision-makers (C-Level).
At the regulatory compliance level
- Serve as a regional cybersecurity guidance and advisory entity;
- Guide organisations in the development of recurrent processes of gap analysis, improvement and mitigation actions in risk management matters;
- Produce improvement recommendations to the supported organisations, aiming at maturity and cyber-resilience;
- To guide organisations in the identification of funding sources, national or European, through the dissemination of identified opportunities and by promoting cooperative activities at regional level;
- Provide advice and technical support in the preparation of applications to external funding for activities related to increasing maturity in cybersecurity and information security;
- Identify and promote good practices in cybersecurity adapted to the target entities;
- Support digital transformation processes, the adoption of innovative technologies and processes, with the support of the C-HUB Digital Innovation Hub;
- Promote cooperation and sharing activities between organisations.
- Guide organisations in the processes of compliance with the National Cybersecurity Reference Framework (QNRCS), aiming at its adoption;
- Guide organisations in complying with the legal requirements resulting from the RJSC;
- Clarify the organisations that seek to obtain certification under the National Cybersecurity Certification Framework (QNRCS) and its certification schemes;
- Guide organisations towards obtaining compliance and certification of the Cybersecurity Digital Maturity Seal.