Incident Handling Coordination
Improve the overall effectiveness of cybersecurity incidents handling in Portugal, facilitating the sharing of relevant information, coordinating mitigation and resolving actions with the various entities involved and coordinating efforts with other national and international authorities.
The Portuguese National Cybersecurity Centre through the CERT.PT service coordinates the response to cybersecurity incidents involving the following communities:
Operators of Essential Services and Digital Service Providers;
- Operators of national Critical Infraestructures
The complexity and transnational character of a substantial part of the cybersecurity incidents demand an aggregated vision and a coordinated action between the various entities involved.
The incident handling coordination includes:
• Sorting incident notifications and technical forensic analysis;
• Coordination with the national and international entities involved;
• Producing recommendations for the mitigation and/or resolving of incidents;
• The coordination of the response to incidents can be an initiative of the Portuguese National Cybersecurity Centre, for example in the case of a large scale incident, or it may be requested through the established channels for communication. In case of necessity or force majeure the Portuguese National Cybersecurity Centre coordinates with other national authorities.
The Portuguese National Cybersecurity Centre does not execute the mitigation or resolving measures above referred, this responsibility belongs to the entities involved.
How to request the service?
The procedure for the notification of incidents is done through one of following means: